A BRIEF INTRODUCTION
The Name Ewing Christian College is in the name of Arthur Henry Ewing who was the first principal of the College. Arthur Henry Ewing (1864-1912) was a prominent Presbyterian missionary and academician. He graduated from Washington & Jefferson College in 1887. In his missionary duties, he served as a principal of a Boy//s Boarding School in India and served as Principal of Allahabad Christian College from 1901-1912, which was later renamed Ewing Christian College in his honor.
- Established in 1902 as a PG College
- First College imparting University education in Affiliating
- Reduced to intermediate standard due to Allahabad University Reorganizatio Act, 1921
- Established Ewing Christian University College in 1923 in the vicinity of the University, to retain higher education classes, which is now William Holland University College
- Graduate Classes restored to ECC in 1950s
- Amongst first 30-35 Colleges of the Country, where UGC Schemes are inaugurated e.g. COSSIP in 1971, COHSSIP in 1975, Vocationalization of First Degree Program in 1994
- Autonomous scince 1994 (now 22 years), one of the 5-6 Colleges in UP today
- First College of the University to go for NAAC Accreditation in 2004
- First College of the University to be awarded CPE Status by the UGC in 2006
- First and the only College of the University to be selected as a Community College by the UGC in 2014.
- College also selected for B. Voc. Program by the UGC in 2015, but not able to start due to delay at University level.